So, I recently started working out. After a little bit of a numbers shock during my last doctor’s visit (plus a wedding coming up next year) I decided it was high time I get my body in shape. My fitness journey is all over the map, and I’ll talk about it some other time, but I’m finally in a place now where I want to not only look good, but feel good. Currently, I’m working through the four week pre-training workouts of the Kayla Itsines BBG program. It’s tough, but I’m enjoying it!
I’m not ashamed to admit that when I started this program, I bought some activewear at Target. I really didn’t have much in the way of workout clothes, and while I probably could have made do with what I have, I knew that if I was really going to commit, I would need a few new pieces that were dedicated to workouts. Also, I’ve watched myself quit fitness plans so many times that spending a big hunk of change on ethically made clothes just wasn’t reasonable. I needed a quick fix, and so I bought cheap.
While I don’t necessarily feel bad about that, I do hope that in the future, and as I continue my fitness journey, that I can invest in some well-made pieces. I’ve been scouring the web for ethical activewear, and came up with some pretty amazing options! I haven’t done any deep research on all of these brands, so I’m just going to share a quick list with you, and hopefully it will help you out if you’re in the market for some ethical activewear, too!
Where to Buy Ethical Activewear
- Akrovita (tops, bottoms, sports bras, modern/bold style) – $$-$$$
- Allbirds (shoes, mens) – $$
- Albion (tops, bottoms, sports bras) – $$
- Elle Evans (swim, tops, bottoms) – $$ (based in Australia)
- Fibre Athletics (tops, mens) – $$-$$$
- Heroine Sport (tops, bottoms, sports bras, mens) – $$$
- Naja (sports bras, leggings, fun patterns) – $$
- Patagonia (everything except shoes, mens) – $$-$$$
- Prana (yoga, tops, bottoms, swim, mens) – $$
- Port de Bras (tops, bottoms, sports bras, modern/bold style) – $$-$$$
- Reva (tops, bottoms, mens) – $$
- Reve en Vert (tops, bottoms, sports bras, sustainable) – $$-$$$
- Synergy Clothing (yoga) – $$
- Teeki (yoga, bright/fun patterns, sustainable fabrics/dyes) – $-$$
- Threads for Thought (tops, bottoms, sports bras, mens) – $$
Any others to add to the list? I’ll likely update this post with any new finds in the future!
PS. I’m currently working on two new resources for y’all: a guide to ethical clothing brands and to green beauty products. Are there any types of clothing or beauty products that you struggle to find ethical/natural versions of? Let me know, as I’d love to help!